The View, Guillemots, Okkervil River, White Denim, Black Devil Disco Club, Beardyman, Anna Calvi, Black Lungs, Group Love, Foster The People, Factory Floor are amongst the new additions to join Friendly Fires, DJ Shadow, Sufjan Stevens and Katy B, The Joy Formidable, Warpaint, Example, The Vaccines, The Naked and Famous, YUCK, Gang Gang Dance and many others…
*3 day £45 early bird ticket offer to expire on 12th April*
*Single day and Friday/Saturday combined tickets go on sale*
*Dome Shows featuring Friendly Fires, DJ Shadow and Sufjan Stevens now SOLD OUT*
*Full international showcase programme and line up announced*
Final acts announced today
The View, Guillemots, Okkervil River, White Denim, Black Devil Disco Club, Beardyman, Anna Calvi, Black Lungs, Factory Floor, Foster the People, Grouplove, Art Brut, Fionn Regan, Liam Bailey, LCMDF, Flats, Cerebral Ballzy, Echo Lake, Beat Connection, Lone, Christian AIDS, Creep, Dark Dark Dark, Fight Like Apes, Three Trapped Tigers, Dent May, Gallops, Laurel Halo, Lára Rúnars, Guards, Fear of Men, Gatekeeper, Let’s Buy Happiness, Ólöf Arnalds, David’s Lyre, Trevor Moss & Hannah Lou, Daughter, Lanterns on the Lake, King Charles, Man without Country, Kitten, Kyla La Grange, Florrie, Mondkopf, Brassica, DELS, Young the Giant, Still Corners, Various Cruelties, Young Buffalo, Rachel Sermanni, Sounds of Rum, The Sounds, Bag Raiders, Melodica, Melody and Me, Delta Maid Stateless, Stealing Sheep, Our Mountain, Marina Gasolina, Sparrow and the Workshop, Bear’s Den, You Can’t Win Charlie Brown, Chapelier Fou, Admiral Fallow, Bastille, Dave I.D., tres b, Halves, Hot Horizons, Mz Bratt, Monument Valley, Mechanical Bride, Alice Gold, Miami Horror, To The Bones, Out Like A Lion, Paris Suit Yourself, Polarset, Munich, Aias, Brothers & Bones, Luna Belle, Mammel Club, Oh So Quiet, Bueno Bros, Cap Pas Cap, Iiris, In-Flight Safety, Jazz Morley, Little Red, Patch William, Milk Maid, Mishima, Moddi, Trails, Moss, Prize Pets, Renu, Royal Republic, Smokin’ Barrels, Starfucker, The General, The Touch, 22, Coda, All Mankind, Sali
The Great Escape is recognised as the best destination in Europe to catch the cream-of-the-crop of fresh, global, live talent. We are delighted to announce the last acts to be added to the already extensive list of live acts performing at over 30 Brighton venues over May 12th to 14th .
Cheeky chaps *The View*will bring their own crowd-pleasing take on indie-pop to Brighton, playing future hits, and tried and tested favourites. Expect euphoric recall courtesy of *The Guillemots*who
regroup with ringleader Fyfe Dangerfield to air new material from the forthcoming third album. Two of Austin, Texas’ finest exports join the bill. First up *Okkervil River*will be taking us on their journey from ear candy to veiled audio violence, to the sea, up to the highest mountains and back again. Also playing are *White Denim*whose punk-infused, psychedelic blues-rock never fails to deliver live. *Black Devil Disco Club*were discovered by Aphex Twin and The Chemical Brothers some 30 years after the release of his first tracks. The legendary crooner of space disco is finally back with a new album and brings it to Brighton…*Beardyman *needs little introduction having compared many a
festival these past couple of years. His unique vocal dexterity winning him fans around the world. Expect man-made re-rubs, re-edits, and layer upon layer of cheeky aural wizardry. *Anna Calvi *is one of the names on the tip of everyone’s tongue to break through in 2011. Seeing her brand
of big, challenging pop songs is sure to be one of the hottest shows at The Great Escape. *The Black Lungs*is a side project of Alexisonfire guitarist, Wade MacNeil. Wade is the lead singer of this band,
reminiscent of his first punk rock band Plan 9. Dirty but as addictive as Marlborough Reds, these St Catherine’s residents will be flying the Canadian flag in Brighton. London trio *Factory Floor *are raw, chaotic, fantastic and different. Everything you could want from a new band.
Critics and the public alike have been flocking to their industrialized and synthesized live shows. Watch it go off. *Grouplove*are favorites of the NME, and their take on California is as forward thinking as it is inspired by the classic harmony groups of yesteryear. Packed to the rafters with energy and good vibes, they are set to bring some proper sunshine to Brighton beach! Once again proving that artists get deals off the back of The Great Escape, *King Charles*has, since his incendiary performance at last year’s event, been snapped up by Universal in the states, and has been recording his debut album in LA. His unabashed twist on colonialist folk has to be seen to be believed. His personality is only dwarfed by his huge tunes (and his massive
hair)…And the list goes on….
*Ted Baker *brings the HMV Next Big Thing stage to Brighton featuring the cream of emerging talent that played the London event in February plus special guests.
*Relentless *energy drink are back for the third year with their legendary street gigs!
*Arts Council England*are yet again generously supporting us to deliver a diverse and exciting plethora of Urban, British Asian and Indian music. In addition they will also be supporting some innovative street theatre from Periplum and gig collaborations with Brighton Festival featuring DJ Shadow, Sufjan Stevens & Max Richter.
Great Escape is supported through Arts Council’s Grants for the arts scheme. Grants for the arts is funded through National Lottery and is Arts Council England’s open application funding programme. It supports arts activities that engage people in the arts and helps artists and arts organisations with their work.
*TICKET INFORMATION — all tickets available from http://www.escapegreat.com/**
Early bird delegate tickets £125 for 3 days up till 12th April price then £150
Single day tickets now on sale –Thursday £22.50, Friday £27.50, Saturday £30.00
Friday and Saturday combined tickets now on sale – £38.00
These tickets allow access to all TGE gigs, except Dome shows, on the named day of the festival subject to each venue’s capacity.
The Great Escape have sold out of Dome Show tickets, however there are a limited number available from the venue direct.
*FULL DETAILS OF INTERNATIONAL SHOWCASES*
The Great Escape is proud to announce a selection of showcases taking place at this year’s event:
· *Lead Country Partner Music From Ireland presents*Fionn Regan, And So I Watch You From Afar, and Funeral Suits.
· *The Aussie BBQ presents *Deep Sea Arcade, DZ DEATHRAYS, Little Red, The Touch, The Jezabels, Our Mountain
· *ACM presents*Bonjay, Cascadeur, Cubrik, Frontiers, Jazz Morley, Oh So Quiet, The General, Brother & Bones, Trails, Coda, Smokin’ Barrels, Dan Parsons
· *Brazil Music Exchange presents*Marina Gasolina, Black Drawing Chalks and TBC
· *Brooklyn Vegan & M for Montreal *presents Said the Whale, Thus:Owls, Handsome Furs, and The Radio Dept.
· *Canadian Blast and Canadian Music Week presents*Woodhands, Winter Gloves, Young Empires, Braids, Said the Whale, Hey Rosetta!
· *Catalan! Music presents*Aias, Les Aus, MISHIMA
· *Don’t Panic We’re From Poland presents*très.b, Bueno Bros, Rebeka
· *Generator presents A North East Invasion *featuring Polarsets, Mammal Club, Let’s Buy Happiness, Lanterns on the Lake
· *M for Montreal presents *grimes, PS I Love You, Radio Radio
· *MusicXport.nl presents*the Dutch Impact Party featuring BASKERVILLE, Laura Jansen, and Moss
· *New Zealand Music presents *Die! Die! Die!, The Phoenix Foundation and TBC
· *Music Nova Scotia presents*DUZHEKNEW, In-Flight Safety, Radio Radio.
· *Popkomm presents *Retro Stefson, Iiris, Dry the River and Lucy Swann
· *PRS for Music presents*Hind Ear, Black Drawing Chalks, Bones, Dinosaur Pile-Up *SESAC presents*Team Me, The Jezabels, Yaaks, Dog is Dead
· *Showcase Scotland presents *Rachel Sermanni, Admiral Fallow and TBC
*FULL DETAILS OF INTERNATIONAL ACTS AT THE GREAT ESCAPE 2011*
The Great Escape is dedicated to providing and supporting the best in new found international talent. Here is a full run down of the bands according to nationality.
· *Ireland (Lead Country Partner): *Villagers, Fight Like Apes, Funeral Suits, And So I Watch You From Afar, James Vincent McMorrow, Heathers, Fionn Regan, Rhob Cunningham, Halves, and Cap Pas Cap
· *Australia**: *Seekae, PVT, Deep Sea Arcade, The Jezebels, Bag Raiders, DZ DEATHRAYS, The Holidays, Miami Horror, Luluc, Dan Parsons, Cloud control, All Mankind, Little Red, The Touch, Our Mountain, and Jinja Safari
· *Brazil: *Marina Gasolina, The Black Drawing Chalks and TBC
· *Canada: *Bonjay, Said the Whale, The Mountains & the Trees, Woodhands, Wintergloves, Suuns, PS I Love You, Brasstronaut, Braids, Hey Rosetta, Handsome Furs, Duzheknew, In-flight Safety, Radio Radio and grimes
· *Catalonia: *Aias, MISHIMA, and Les Aus
· *Denmark: *Oh Land, CHLLNGR, Hauschka,
· *Finland: *LCMDF
· *France:*GaBLe, Fredrika Stahl, Team Ghost, Anoraak, Housse de Racket, Chapelier Fou, Cascadeur, Black Devil Disco Club, Punks Jump Up, NFL3, and Mondkompf
· *Iceland: *Laura Runars, Ólöf Arnalds, Retro Stefson
· *Netherlands: *BASKERVILLE, Laura Jansen, and Moss
· *New Zealand: *The Naked and Famous, The Phoenix Foundation, and Die! Die! Die!
*Norway: *Blood Command, Lucy Swann, Team Me, 22, and Moddi
· *Nova Scotia: *DUZHEKNEW, In-flight Safety, and Radio Radio
· *Poland: *très.b, Bueno Bros, Rebeka
· *Portuguese: *You Can’t Win Charlie Brown
· *Sweden: *The Sounds, Thus:Owls, Little Dragon, Niki and the Dove, Royal Republic **and**The Radio Dept.,
· *USA:*Guillemots, Sufjan Stevens, Okkervill River, White Demin ,Foster the People, Grouplove , Cerebral Ballzy, Beat Connection , Creep, Dark Dark Dark, Dent May, Laurel Halo, Guards,Gatekeeper, Kitten,Young the Giant, Young Buffalo, Starfucker, Gang Gang Dance, Josh T. Pearson, Mona, Cults, The Antlers, Alex Winston, K. Flay, ANR, The Secret Sisters, DJ Shadow, Warpaint, Twin Shadow, Dustin O’Halloran, The Soft Moon, Mona, Cults, Alela Diane
*AND THE BEST OF BRITISH…*
· *Brighton: *Apples and Eve, Hind Ear, Melodica Melody and Me, Us Baby Bear Bones, Dark Horses, Munich, Fear of Men, Mechanical Bride, Monument Valley, and Rizzle Kicks
· *From the North East: *Lets Buy Happiness, Lanterns on the Lake, Polarsets, and Mammal Club*
*- Scotland: *Rachel Sermanni, Sparrow and the Workshop, Admiral Fallow, The Phantom Band, and The View