All entries must be supplied at 210mm x 210mm, plus 3mm bleed all around (totalling 216mm x 216mm). They must be a minimum of 300dpi, and CMYK.
To enter, email your winning entry to: email@example.com
Closing Date for the competition is: Monday 4th June.
The winner will have a feature in the magazine, along with their winning front cover as part of the magazine.
All finalists will be displayed in The Spindle Exhibition as well as online, later this year.
Illustration by: Niall Grant
Terms & Conditions:
1. By participating in the Free Prize Draw (the “Promotion”), you fully agree
and accept the Festival 2012 Free Prize Draw Terms and Conditions (the
“Terms and Conditions”) set out below (as amended from time to time).
These Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with information
appearing in the entry instructions.
2. The Promotion is only open to entrants who attend a college or university
participating in wFree Range 2012 .
3. The Promotion is not open to employees of the Promoter, or any of
the below festivals immediate families (spouse, parent, child or sibling),
affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, advisors; or anyone else involved in the
creation or administration of the Promotion.
4. No purchase necessary to enter the Promotion. To enter the Promotion,
entrants must complete the online application form with the necessary
details inserting personal information as requested, including full name,
contact telephone number, email address and physical address.
5. Only one entry per person. Entries must be made personally. Entries
made through agents/third parties are invalid. You are responsible for the
cost (if any) of submitting your entry.
6. To enter the Promotion, entrants must have access to a computer and
access to the internet.
7. The Promotion opens on 6th May 2012 .
8. The winner will be decided by Spindle Art Director Sarah Ferrari and
Founder Heather Falconer
11. The winner will be notified within [seven] days of the date of the judging
by telephone or email. If the winner cannot be reached or does not respond
to the Promoter to confirm receipt of notification within [seven] days of the
notification, then that winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall
select a runner up to claim the prize. in accordance with paragraph 7 above
(and the same acceptance period set out in this paragraph 10 will apply).
12. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part. The
prize is not transferable in whole or in part. The prize is not for resale.
13. The winner will be required to participate in all publicity in relation to the
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in every situation including
any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Promoter is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions.
The Promoter cannot guarantee that the event will be free from disruptions,
failings or cancellations. The Promoter is not liable for such disruptions,
failings or cancellations unless they are caused by the Promoter’s
16. Any requests for refunds or compensation arising from any disruptions,
failings or cancellations should be sent to the operator of the event. The
Promoter can provide you with their details on request.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, alter, cancel, discontinue or
terminate this Promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside
18. The Promoter may, in its reasonable discretion, disqualify any entrant
whose conduct is contrary to the spirit or word of these Terms and
19. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any Promotion entries
that are lost, damaged, mislaid or delayed or for any technical failure or any
event which may cause the Promotion to be disrupted.
20. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter reserves the right to use
the winner’s voice, image, photograph, name and likeness for publicity
and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional
compensation or prior notice to the winner and in entering the Promotion,
all entrants consent to the same.
21. By entering the competition entrants agree that their personal data
submitted as part of the Promotion entry process will be stored and
processed on behalf of the Promoter as data controller in accordance with
applicable data protection laws. Entrants agree that such data may be used
to contact the winner of the promotion and for publicity purposes as stated
above and winner’s name and county of residence will be provided on
request. A request to access, update or correct any information should be
directed to the Promoter at the address set out below.
24. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the
courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.