Diamonds are forever, Hold one up and then caress it, Touch it, stroke it and undress it, I can see every part, Nothing hides in the heart to hurt me.
The Diamond Push-Up
This variation on bodyweight favourite, the push-up, transfers the hard work from your chest to your upper arms. Like regular push-ups, you can start by doing these on your knees and work your way up to full push-ups.
1. Start in a normal push-up position with your hands under your shoulders, and your body in a straight line, feet shouder width apart.
2. Place your hands together, directly under your breast bone, with the tips of your index fingers and thumbs touching, forming a diamond shape.
3. Bend your elbows out to the sides and lower your chest slowly towards the floor.
4. Explosively straighten your arms to the start position and repeat.
5. Perform 3 sets to failure (i.e. as many as you can do), with 90 seconds rest between sets.
Illustration: Megan Finola Harman-Potts