Lie face down. Legs straight. Toes high. That’s it, good… Position of the Week.
Sounds easy but try doing these at the end of a legs workout to ‘finish off’ your glutes. I promise you’ll feel it…
1. Lie facedown on a flat bench with your hips on the edge of the bench, your legs straight with toes high off the floor and with your arms holding on to the front edge of the bench.
2. Straighten your legs until they are level with the hips, squeezing your glutes and hamstrings.
3. Keeping your legs straight, lift your left leg as high as it will go.
4. As you lower your left leg, lift the right leg.
5. Continue alternating legs, flutter kicking as if you were swimming.
6. Perform 2-3 sets of 30 seconds. You can up the ante by adding ankle weights.
Illustration: Sylwia Szyszka