Sometimes, you just need to mix it up a little bit don’t you? That’s why this week’s position can be done all over the house…
A very versatile exercise, these can be done in the gym, at the park or around the house.
1. Take a large step forward with one leg, flexing the knee and hip of your front leg until the knee of your rear leg is almost touching the floor.
2. Lunge forward with your back leg.
3. Repeat by alternating legs, ‘walking’ forwards.
4. This is a great move to do in between sets of other exercises to keep your heartrate up. You can also use it in intervals, combined with walking and running.
5. Hold dumbbells or wear a weighted backpack to make this exercise tougher.
Illustration: Laura Collins