Mix it up a bit when you’re doing it at home and use a table for this position. Just make sure it’s strong enough to take all that activity…
A great, functional exercise for the back and one you can do at home if you have a sufficiently strong table!
1. Position a bar in a rack at about waist height.
2. Grip the bar with hands roughly double shoulder width apart and position yourself underneath. Your body should be straight with your heels on the ground and your arms fully extended.
3. Flexing at the elbow, pull your chest towards the bar, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
4. Pause at the top of the motion – touching your chest to the bar if you can – then return to the start position and repeat.
5. Perform 3 sets of 6-10 reps. You can make this harder by elevating your feet on a step or bench.
6. You can also do this on the edge of a table, but test it for sturdiness first!
Illustration: Joachim Sperl