There’s nothing like spicing up your positions with a little help from some accessories… So this week we’re bringing back an old friend – the kettlebell.
This is a great move for balance and stability.
1. Raise a kettlebell overhead in your left hand, with your left arm fully extended overhead, supporting the kettlebell. Your right arm should be extended out to the side.
2. Stand with legs twice shoulder width apart, with feet angled outwards slightly.
3. Bend over to the right side, keeping your legs straight. With your right hand, reach toward the toes of your left foot.
4. Keep the kettlebell balanced over your left shoulder with both arms extended.
5. Touch your left foot.
6. Raise back up to a standing position, maintaining balance of the kettlebell overhead.
7. Repeat for 10 reps, then switch to the opposite side.
Illustration: Melissa Rose