This week’s position sounds innocent, but I can assure it’s not.
A not-so-courteous twist on the traditional lunge…
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hands on your hips.
2. Take a long stride back with your left leg, crossing it behind your right.
3. Bending your knees and lowering your hips, drop down until your right thigh is nearly parallel to the floor.
4. Keep your core strong, back straight and shoulders in line with your hips.
6. Perform 10-12 reps on this leg, then swap over.
7. Once you’re comfortable with the movement, add dumbbells to up the challenge.
Illustration: Alexa Fishman