For this week’s position we ask you to spread your legs AGAIN. Well, only one this time really.
Work on your balance AND your glutes…
1. Place an object on the floor around half to one metre in front of you.
2. Balance on your left foot, lining up with the object so it’s slightly to your left.
3. Raising your right foot off the ground, slowly bend your left knee and lower your torso.
4. Extending your right leg, reach forward with your right hand and touch the object, keeping your left knee over your left foot.
5. Hold this position for 5 seconds, then return to the start position.
6. Keep your core strong, spine neutral and maintain a slow and controlled movement throughout the exercise.
7. Repeat for 8-10 reps on one leg, then switch to the other side.
8. Complete 2 sets per leg.
Illustration: Lucy Driscoll