A classic position for you this week.
Challenge your balance and stability with this classic yoga pose.
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, weight spread evenly, arms at your sides.
2. Breathe slowly and deeply at an even pace.
3. Shift your weight onto your left leg and keeping your hips facing forward, place the sole of your right foot against the inside your left thigh.
4. Once you’ve found your balance, place your hands in a prayer position. Hold this at your chest, or if you’re comfortably balanced, raise it up above your head.
5. Hold for 30 seconds, then repeat on the other side.
Illustration: Edd Leigh