You don’t need me to tell you what to do with your legs when you’re getting into position, but try raising your legs, go on…
A great core strengthening move.
1. Sit with your legs extended and hands on the floor with your fingers pointing forwards.
2. With your arms straight, lift your hips off the floor to bring body into a straight line.
3. Raise your left leg as high as you can without moving your hips.
4. Hold this position for five seconds, then slowly lower your leg to the floor.
5. Perform 8-10 reps, then switch sides.
Illustration: Fredrik Andersson