You eat cheese!!!
These are two of the easiest, cheesiest Christmas canapés you’ll ever make. Perfect for Christmas parties, watching Elf in front of the fire with friends, or indulging in some Christmas tunes. There’s minimal washing up, it’s super quick and ridiculously simple to make. Here is a simple version, but there’s room to experiment and vary on both recipes… add chopped walnuts on top of the camembert, use spicy mango chutney in the parcels, dip crisps/veg in the cheese…use your mind, go wild!!
What you’ll need..
For the Camembert:
What you’ll need to do..
For the Parcels:
-Lay out three sheets of filo pastry on top of one another. Slice through into equal size squares.
-For each parcel take one of the squares you’ve cut, and arrange in a star-like shape (This makes more sense in the picture, have a look.). Do this to all of your parcels.
-You can do this bit in whatever order you like, but I like to do it section by section. (Cranberry, brie, fold, butter, tray.) You need to…
-Put a blob of cranberry sauce in the center of the parcel, then tear a little brie and place on top. You can vary with your amounts on this depending how cheesy/cranberryish you like your food.
-Then fold all the edges of the star together and pinch them at the top into a parcel.
-Finally brush with a little melted butter and place in a muffin tin.
-Put in the oven at 180c for 8-10 minutes until golden and crisp. You might have cheese and sauce oozing out of the top, but don’t worry it’ll taste yummy. Mine are inevitably a little messy, but once they’ve coolest slightly and you’ve bundled them together they look super tasty no matter what.
For the Camembert:
This is the EASIEST cheesy recipe I know and one of the tastiest.
– Take your Camembert. It should come in a little wooden case from the shop, make sure you take off the plastic casing.
– Score the camembert with a star across the top about 2 inches deep
– Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. This also works really well with caramalised onions on top too if you have time.
– Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden on top and gooey in the middle.
– Serve on a board with torn up hunks of toasted bread. Dunk the bread in the camembert and enjoy! Be as messy as you want. Serve with napkins.
Easy cheesy canapé..easy.