Up to now, Cambio Sun have been a bit of an enigma. Born out of the childhood friendship between composer Charlie Tait and percussionist John Cleworth, Cambio Sun are one of Australia-via-London’s most revered exciting young duos, set to release their debut album Animal Sense this year.
After creating a small storm on Majestic Casual and gaining over 400k+, their debut six-track experimental EP Retisent was everything we had hoped: a glitchy falsetto take on alternative electronic soundscapes, drawing comparisons to Shlohmo, Ben Khan, Bon Iver and Four Tet, with stunning track ‘Mad As they Come’ picking up over 410k Soundcloud streams.
We spoke to the boys to try and dig a little deeper and find out a few things that might not yet be common knowledge. Enjoy.
- Cambio Sun started as a project after finishing the track ‘Intuition’ in 2013.
- John and Charlie were in the same science class for a year before they started hanging out – the teacher was a heavy smoker and always smelt of cow shit.
- Charlie’s favourite pastime is going to clubs and bars sitting in the corner of the room and playing soduko on his phone
- John has recently become an aspiring model
- Charlie wanted to be a photographer when he was in his early teens
Watch the stunning new track ‘Maiden Voyage’ here: