In a conscious bid to diversify the various types of talent being showcased, Festival Director Genna Terranova highlights the necessity of expanding on TFF’s programs this year: “Tribeca is a forward thinking storytelling festival and we have been supporting work that goes beyond the big screen for many years. As the technology and tools proliferate in the creative community and new distribution models emerge we feel it is the right time to expand and support artists on these growing platforms in a broader way.”
Below are the all important deadlines for submitting U.S. and International films for the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival:
- September 6, 2016: SUBMISSIONS OPEN.
- October 19, 2016: EARLY DEADLINE for feature and short films, TV and episodic storytelling, and new online work.
- November 23, 2016: OFFICIAL ENTRY DEADLINE A for feature films, TV and episodic storytelling, and new online work.
- December 2, 2016: OFFICIAL ENTRY DEADLINE B for short films and all experiential storytelling.
- December 14, 2016: LATE ENTRY DEADLINE for feature length world-premiere films only and TV and episodic work.
- January 13, 2017: EARLY DEADLINE for Tribeca X award.
- February 15, 2017: OFFICIAL DEADLINE for Tribeca X award.
For more information on submitting, rules, regulations and eligibility, visit www.tribecafilm.com/festival/submissions. We look forward to seeing your work at Tribeca Film Festival 2017!