Australian band Big
1. Elmo started playing violin when she was two on a 16th size violin, when she was a 16th the size she is now. Picture that.
2. Bowen is a professional sound engineer and once mic’ed up the Dalai Lama. Without battling a heroin addiction or a mid rock career crisis, Bowen has already met the Dalai Lama.
3. In their RV the band covered a little more than 9,200 miles on our recent tour of North America, surviving on little more than corn chips and salsa.
4. Big White was formed in a notorious big white sharehouse in Sydney called The Surgery. There they have thrown an array of house parties over the years, raising over 15k for a variety of causes. More recently a party at the house saw over 400 kids turn up, raising over 3 grand, which went towards a US tour van for the band.
5. Out of interest and Elmo’s persistence, the band once broke into Sudam Hussein’s abandoned embassy in Berlin the day after they tracked their first ever single ‘I Can’t Tell’ in an ex bomb shelter.
Listen to ‘Teenage Dreams’ below: