After watching Skinny Living explore the beautiful Hawaii, you’re probably wondering just how they have such an incredible time. Well, we’ll clue you in. In the next segment of their Spindle takeover, Skinny Living have shared their insider tips to traveling the world. Don’t forget to keep checking in this week for your chance to win a free trip to Austin, TX!
1. Drink plenty of water. Constantly moving, carrying your bags and the climate can dehydrate you faster than you’re used to. Don’t let a headache ruin your day.
2. Learn “hello,” “thank you” and “bathroom” in the local dialect. Just three words that will have your back throughout the trip!
3. Be honest with yourself when packing. Are you gonna need six different pairs of jeans? No. Five different pairs of shoes? No. A good pair of swimming shorts? Yes!
4. Have fun within your budget. You don’t want to get to the end of the trip and have to worry about having money left. Budget each day and stick to it — or try to at least.
5. Say yes. You don’t want to miss any opportunity, as it might end up being the defining moment of the trip.
6. Always wear sunscreen. If you don’t, best case scenario: you get a bit red. Worst case scenario: trip ruined.
7. Take photos, but remember to make the most of real life. Live and love each moment. Often, a memory is more beautiful than a photo.
8. Expect the unexpected, and embrace it. Things don’t always go to plan, but does that matter? It shouldn’t.
9. Make friends. Traveling is the best and easiest way to meet new people. You can also pick up advice from them about your trip.
10. Listen to music. The songs will tie to the memory, and you can then re-live the trip through that song for years to come!